Skipper Package Substation (PSS) is a state-of-the-art system which simplifies conventional substation design.
• Enclosure comprises of three compartments i.e. HV, Transformer and LV
Skipper designs PSS as per specific customer requirements with power handling capacity ranging from 200kVA to 1600 kVA at 11/ 33kV primary voltage level.
Stringent quality checks on Skipper make PSS ensures a world-class quality product.
- Compact in construction, occupies less floor space
- Designed for unmanned operation with assess control features built-in
- Easy to operate and maintain
- Heating due to solar radiation is minimised by double skin roof with slanted top. Specially designed ventilation opening facilitates air circulation for enhanced cooling
- Type tested for IP 53, 23, 33 as per IEC: 62271-202 & IEC: 60529
- Type tested for Internal arc as per IEC: 62271-202 & IEC: 60529.
- Available with two options i.e. RMU with VCB or RMU with Load Break Switch
• Skipper’s design is based on a reliable vacuum circuit breaker with a self-powered over current protection system, in place of switch-fuse-switch combination.
The RMU based PSS design is tested as per IEC: 62271-100, IEC: 60298 & IEC: 60694 standards
The Low Voltage Distribution Board (LVDB) is connected to transformer’s LV bushing. The LVDB is available in the following variants as per customer requirements:
- MCCB and ACB
- LV fuse switch units
- Instrumentation and metering
- Load feeders
- Power factor improvement units
The PSS incorporates Skipper make Distribution Transformer (Oil cooled or Dry type) which is designed
designed as per IEC: 6007/ IS: 2026 specifications. The transformer compartment is rodent-resistant, allows
maximum ventilation and prevents ingress of dust or its accumulation in the door cavities
Specially designed Elastamould/Porcelain HV bushings provide complete safety of equipment.
The connection between transformer and RMU is made with XLPE insulated
cable of suitable design to carry rated power continuously.