Induction & Arc Furnace Transformers
Being in service for last two decades, Skipper Arc and Induction Furnace Transformers are extensively used in industry applications round the clock in steel plants available from 1 MVA 50 MVA. Transformers with extended delta design are also manufactured to reduce system harmonics due to the usage of power (current) as a major resource for electric production. They are specifically designed to supply the necessary power even at a low voltage.
- Direct or Indirect regulation
- On-load or off-circuit tap changer
- Built-in reactor for long arc stability
- Air or water-cooled secondary bushing arrangements and designs
- Internal secondary phase closure (Internal Delta)
- Ratings up to 250 MVA
- Secondary voltage up to 1,500 V (LF down to 80 V)
- Electrode current for steel up to 120 kA
- Electrode current for ferroalloy up to 180 kA
- Skipper Transformers are designed for continuous and interrupted load.